One of the hardest tasks I had to complete for our wedding was choosing a gift for my future husband! He is the type of person who will always just go and buy what he wants on his own. In fact, I was eyeing a beautiful watch and was going to attach a note to it saying 'see you at 2!'...a week later I spotted it on his wrist. So, there I went, starting my quest all over again. I have compiled a list of the best things I have come across to get your future spouse. Enjoy!
1. An Experience
- Is your future spouse not really into material things? Or do they have everything they could ever want? Buying an experience is an awesome alternative. For example, does your future spouse like fast cars? Find a race track that offers driving lessons. There are many where you can even choose the car you want to drive! Do they like a specific band and would die to see them, this is a great opportunity to get them tickets--and a date night for two!
2. Boudoir Photo Book
- This has become a more popular gift over the past couple of years. And it isn't a gift that is just for him either! Men's boudoir is a thing too! What man/woman wouldn't want a book put together specially for them to admire their spouse!? Also, for women, this gives you an excuse to splurge on some sexy lingerie for your honeymoon! Tip: 1) If you are going to go this route, girls: pay the extra to get your hair and make-up done--and your nails! You won't regret it! Pamper yourself!
2) Discuss the photographers editing style before you book. 3) Make sure it is noted that this is for 'his or her eyes only.' You wouldn't want them opening this in front of bridal party members or family!
3. Upgraded Luggage or Travel Accessories
- This is the perfect gift if one or both of you are jet setters! Nice luggage makes traveling that much better. Do they already have nice luggage? How about a leather bound iPad cover or noise cancelling headphones. Tip: if you get the leather bound case, put a personal touch on it, like imprinting their initials!
4. Honeymoon Date
- Instead of buying something individual, you could combine the gifts and gift yourselves something to do on your honeymoon. Are you going someplace tropical? You could make reservations to go snorkeling or take an adventurous hike and para glide (if you're thrill seekers!). Heading north to the snow covered hills? No problem--book a dog sledding adventure for the two of you. Tip: if you plan on going this route, make sure none of your family is going to buy you an excursion on your honeymoon. Also, book the adventure for a little later in your honeymoon stay--if you're leaving right after your wedding for your honeymoon, you'll need some beauty rest!
5. A Keepsake Item
- If your significant other is really into sentimental items, this is a for sure win! There are many ways to go about this. You can go a more elaborate route, where you gather up all of the items that remind you of your person or all of the concerts you've been to, and create a scrap book or a memory box. Or you can go a more simple route, where you purchase a beautiful locket and have your photos put in one side and a date engraved in the other. Tip: If you own a home together, think of a place this will be displayed and ensure the color schemes match. Also, add a personal note to them about why this gift was so important to you. This is a gift that will be treasured for a lifetime!
- It is perfectly okay to forgo the gift altogether!! If you both have everything you need or this is causing you stress, you certainly don't have to get each other a gift. The fact that you are taking each other's hearts into your hands and vowing yourselves to each other until the end of time is plenty enough! Tip: if you go this route, be sure to discuss this option and ensure you are both on the same page.